BNP Paribas CIB’s Global Equities & Commodity Derivatives (GECD) division offers equity derivatives and commodity derivatives products, indices and funds, as well as financing solutions and an integrated equity brokerage platform.
It employs 1,400 front-office professionals operating in three major regions: Europe, America, Asia-Pacific.
GECD is organised into three segments:
- Structured Equity provides structured solutions for a broad clientele including retail customers, corporate clients, banking networks, insurance companies and pension funds. It provides its clients with customised or exchange-traded structured products to meet their capital protection, yield and diversification requirements.
- Flow and Financing caters to the needs of institutional investors and hedge funds. It delivers appropriate and innovative investment and hedging strategies in equity markets across the globe and provides access to financing solutions through its Prime Brokerage unit, stock lending and borrowing and synthetic financing. Flow and Financing also provides its clients with a rapidly developing integrated equity brokerage platform combining numerous research, sales, trading and execution service capabilities.
- Commodity Derivatives provides a range of risk hedging solutions to corporate clients whose business is highly correlated with commodity prices (producers, refineries and transport companies, for example). It also provides investors with access to commodities through various investment strategies and structured solutions.
2011 - 2012 awards
GECD’s expertise and know-how was recognised in 2011 and 2012 by the following major awards:
- Oil and Products House of the Year (Energy Risk Magazine 2012)
- Commodities Research House of the Year (Energy Risk Magazine 2012)
- Best Marketing Campaign (Structured Products Americas Awards 2012)
- Structured Products House of the Year (Risk Magazine 2001 and 2012)
- House of the Year (Structured Products Europe Awards and Structured Products Americas Awards 2011)
- Derivatives House of the Year (The Asset Triple A Investment Awards 2011 and Energy Risk Magazine 2011)
- Precious Metals House of the Year (Energy Risk Magazine 2011)
- Energy Brokerage House of the Year, Asia (Energy Risk Magazine 2011)
- Commodities House of the Year (Commodity Business Awards 2011)
- Excellence in Commodity Risk Exposure Mitigation (Commodity Business Awards 2011)
- Excellence in Commodity Finance & Structured Products (Commodity Business Awards 2011)
- Best Equity Derivatives Provider, Asia (Global Finance Magazine 2011)