At the crossroads of lending and capital markets, Structured Finance designs financing solutions for its global clientele composed of corporates, financial institutions and local government authorities.
A Worldwide Leading Solution Provider Financing the Economy
The 2,000 people within Structured Finance, in 40 countries, manage the full spectrum from origination, structuring and underwriting to distribution on the loan syndications markets. They provide a wide array of products from short term trade loans to medium and long term facilities, from corporate lending to sophisticated financial solutions, on a global basis.
We also have responsibility for following clients when their needs are focused on specific financing products.
Products and Activities
Energy & Commodity Finance offers financing services covering all commodities and answering all needs from exploration to production, logistics and transformation
Asset Finance offers a wide range of fixed asset-based financing solutions (Real Estate, Transportation and Export Finance) and develops innovative leasing structures
Leveraged and Project Finance provides long-term cash flow-based financings of greenfield projects, refinancings and restructurings, leveraged buy-outs as well as dedicated financing solutions for media and telecommunication companies
Corporate Acquisition Finance arranges and underwrites long term facilities intended to finance strategic acquisitions by large corporate clients of BNP Paribas
Global Transaction Banking is responsible for promoting and managing the flow business (trade solutions, cash management and correspondent banking) with corporate clients and financial institutions
- Loan Syndications & Trading supports all lending activities and financing businesses. It not only contributes to origination and structuring, but also prices and distributes loan assets, to banks and institutional investors, syndicated senior and junior debt. The Insurance group provides political and credit risk coverage to financing businesses by resorting to the private insurance market
Structured Finance is a leader in lending to the economy with clear leadership positions, evidenced below.
- Best Project Finance House in Western Europe (Euromoney 2011)
- Best Energy Finance Bank (Trade Finance Magazine 2011)
- Emerging EMEA Loan House (IFR 2011)
Ranking & League Tables
- No. 1 Bookrunner (Dealogic) and no. 1 Bookrunner and Mandated Lead Arranger (Thomson Reuters) in EMEA syndicated loans for 2011 by volume and number of deals
- No. 1 MLA (by number of deals) and no. 3 (by volume) in ECA-backed Trade Finance Loans for 2011 (Dealogic)
- No. 1 Bookrunner in the EMEA Leveraged Loan market for 2011 by number of deals (Dealogic)
- No. 1 Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) for Global Trade Finance Loans (excl. sole bank loans) for 2011 (Dealogic)
- No. 1 Best Arranger of Western European Loans, no. 2 Most Impressive Arranger of EMEA Loans and no. 2 Best Arranger of Corporate Loans (EuroWeek Syndicated Loans Awards 2011)
- No. 2 Global Financial Adviser (Infrastructure Journal 2011)
- No. 2 Global Renewables Financial Adviser (Infrastructure Journal 2011)
- No. 5 Globally in Cash Management (Euromoney 2011)