A worldwide network of retail banking and specialised financial services
The Group's Consistent and Sustainable Force for Growth
The Retail Banking division plays a key role in the international expansion of the Group: 70% of its revenues are recorded outside France. The results achieved by this group of entities are underpinned by a unique, integrated business model centred on the customer, based on the producer-distributor concept and cross-selling. This model fosters a cross-cutting approach between the division’s various entities, which enables them to streamline their processes, share investment and multiply know-how and innovative ideas among the teams.
Underpinned by a culture of responsibility and rigorous risk management, Retail Banking adopts a multi-local approach, efficiently combining local brands with the strength of the Group. This enables Retail Banking to work with clients over the longer term and make a real contribution to the development of local economies. Through the Retail Banking organisation, BNP Paribas is a European leader in Private Banking, Consumer Credit, Cash Management and Equipment Financing for Businesses.
Retail Banking brings together BNP Paribas' retail banks and specialised financial services. It is based around several autonomous operating entities:
- French Retail Banking: BNP Paribas
- Retail Banking in Italy: Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL bc)
- Retail Banking in Belgium and Luxemburg: BeLux Retail Banking, following Fortis integration (BNP Paribas Fortis and BGL BNP Paribas)
- International Retail Banking, all BNP Paribas Group retail banking businesses out of Euro Zone: in the United States, in Asia, in the Mediterranean Basin and Africa, in Turkey and Central and Eastern Europe.
- BNP Paribas Personal Finance, activities in consumer credit and mortgage lending (Cetelem, Findomestic, AlphaCredit, LaSer, UCI, BNP Paribas International Buyers)
- Equipment Solutions, corporate equipment financing (Arval, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions)
- BNP Paribas Personal Investors, online saving & trading
Retail Banking Corporate Film
Key Figures (31 December 2011)
- 70% of Group staff
- 138,000 employees
- 22 billion of individual clients
- 13 billion of Personal Finance’s clients
- 200,000 of corporate clients
- Present in 44 countries
- 7,300 branches