International Retail Banking encompasses all BNP Paribas Group retail banking businesses out of Euro Zone: in the United States, where it operates through the Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank networks, in Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine), in Turkey, around the southern rim of the Mediterranean (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia), in sub-Saharan Africa, and through partnerships in Asia.
The business serves individuals, small businesses and corporate clients with a complete range of banking and financial services. These banks have strong local roots and often operate under a local brand. They leverage the strengths and expertise of the BNP Paribas Group to provide clients with world-class service and long-term support.
Leadership Positions in 2012
BancWest corporation, comprising Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank, is the 7th-largest bank holding company in western United States
(source : SNL Financial)
- Bank of the West ranks 2nd highest overall in the United States according to the American Banker's 2012 corporate reputation survey for its workplace environment, products and services, governance and citizenship.
- First Hawaiian Bank, has received a Service Quality Performance Award from card company VISA. First Hawaiian was one of only three banks in the world to receive this award in the multinational participant category.
- BMCI is the top-rated Moroccan bank, with F1+ short-term and AAA long-term ratings from Fitch
- UBCI, first bank in Tunisia, certified ISO 9001: 2008 for its electronic banking activity
- TEB, named by the IFC (a member of the World Bank Group), one of the top three world banks for its SME banking activities
Key Figures as per 31 December 2012
- Present in 15 countries
- 6 million individual and professional clients
- 600 000 SME *
- More than 40,000 corporate clients *
- 42,000 employees *
- 3,000 branches
* Asia not included