BNP Paribas has complemented its actions in favour of Diversity by entering into partnerships with specialised associations.
Creating Opportunities to Promote Professional Equality
Diversity in business begins by recruiting individuals with a variety of different talents and skills. BNP Paribas also ensures diversity in the workplace by taking preparatory initiatives. For example, it provides education and training opportunities for young people from all walks of life, which will open doors for them in the world of employment.
- In France, BNP Paribas attaches great importance to the development of work-study training programmes and actively assists suburban youth in finding work. Since 2009, the Group participated in the collective sponsorship of Nos Quartiers ont des Talents Association (an association in charge of finding youth sponsors) with more than one hundred individual sponsors among the Group’s employees.
- BNP Paribas is also a founding member of HandiFormabanques, an organisation that trains people with disabilities in various areas of banking.
- In the United States, the Group has entered into a partnership with the Prep for Prep Association to fund the education of students from minority communities.
- In Italy, the Group works with the Libera Association to facilitate the integration and autonomy of the children of immigrants
- Further initiatives related to schooling, knowledge transfer and training are also being developed in other countries such as Turkey, India, Morocco, Poland etc.
Synergy with Associations
The Group works with many associations that specialise in Diversity, such as the Association Française des Managers de la Diversité (French Association of Diversity Managers), of which BNP Paribas is a founding member, the Observatoire de la Parentalité en Entreprise (association specialised in parenthood subject) and the Observatoire sur la Responsabilité Sociétale des Entreprises (association dealing with Corporate Social Responsibility topics).
Within this context, the members of the BNP Paribas Diversity team participate in working groups that enrich discussions and initiatives within the Group, and collaborate in the publication of “White Papers” and practical guides on the subject of Diversity.
As part of its gender equality policy, BNP Paribas supports female entrepreneurship by sponsoring numerous associations such as Women Equity for Growth, Women Business Mentoring Initiative, Paris Pionnières and Normandie Pionnières.