Play your part in the real economy
Retail Banking is one of BNP Paribas’ three core businesses, alongside Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions. It includes BNP Paribas’ worldwide retail banking businesses and specialised financial services (consumer credit, Ieasing) and caters for all the needs of both individual and corporate clients.
Retail Banking includes both the branch networks (a total of 7,300 including 6,500 in Europe and the Mediterranean area) and specialised financial services. It consists of seven autonomous operational entities:
- French Retail Banking: BNP Paribas
- Italian Retail Banking: Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL bc)
- BeLux Retail Banking: BNP Paribas Fortis and BGL BNP Paribas the retail banking business in Belgium and Luxembourg, created after the integration of Fortis
- Europe Mediterranean, the Retail Banking business in Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine), in the Mediterranean area and in West Africa (Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Guinea, Mali, Senegal)
- BancWest US Retail Banking: Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank the Retail Banking business in the United States
- BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Cetelem, FinDomestic, Alpha Crédit, LaSer, UCI, BNP Paribas International Buyers the specialised financial activities for private individuals, consumer credit
- Equipment Solutions: Arval, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions the financing of equipment for companies
5 reasons for joining us
1 / A growth engine
Retail Banking is a consistent and long-term growth engine that represents over half of the Group's revenues, over 70% of its workforce, boasts 22 million individual retail banking clients, 13 million Personal Finance clients and 200,000 corporate clients. It operates in 44* countries and plays a key role in the Group’s international expansion.
* At 08/31/2011
2 / A diversified and responsible development strategy
Retail Banking applies a successful culture of responsibility and rigorous risk management and operates on a multi-local basis, which enables it to accompany its clients over the long term and contribute actively to the development of local economies.
3 / An integrated business model that fosters collaboration between the entities
Retail Banking’s overall performance is based on a unique integrated business model that focuses on the client and on cross-selling, fostering collaboration between entities: mass-market production model for its activities, sharing of investments, know-how and innovation.
4 / A management school that encourages the development and diversity of teams
Retail Banking upholds the group’s management principles (Client focus, Risk Aware Entrepreneurship, People Care, Lead by Example) and is an ideal activity in which to rapidly acquire managerial responsibilities. Retail Banking notably fosters the diversity and development of its teams.
5 / A wide range of professions and career paths
In addition to the sales jobs, Retail Banking boasts a wide array of professions in both cross-divisional activities (Marketing, Business Development, etc.), expertise for corporate clients (Cash Management, Structured Finance, Trade Finance, etc.) and individual clients (Private Banking) and support functions (IT, Finance, …). Retail Banking jobs are attractive notably because they combine technicality and pragmatism.